This Decree is to detail the Construction Law No. 50/2014/QH13 pertaining to construction project management including: formulation, appraisal, approval for projects; execution of projects; and completion and inauguration of the project; forms and contents of construction project management.
Accordingly, there are some noticeable new provisions of this Decree as follows:
- Apart from projects of national importance, group-A projects shall be also formulated a pre-feasibility study report (Article 7)
- Regarding construction project for civil constructions or industrial constructions at places where there is no zoning plan, detailed construction planning, the investor shall apply for construction planning license as the basis of formulation of the feasibility study report (Clause 4 Article 9)
- Specifying public works with large scale or particular architecture requirements that require contests or selection of architecture design plans (Article 15)
- Supplementing form of establishing field-based construction project management Board, area-based construction project management Board with regard to Public – Private Partner (PPP) projects (Article 16)
- The hired construction project management consultancy must set up an office of construction project management in the area where the project is conducted
- Small-scale construction works which are exempted from establishing project management Board include only works with less than VND 5 billion in total investment (it was VND 7 billion under the earlier provision) (Article 21)
- Those who engage in the construction safety, construction valuation must obtain the licenses for their practices (Article 51, 52)
This Decree takes effect from August 5th, 2015. To replace Decree No. 12/2009/ND-CP dated February 12th, 2009; Decree No. 83/2009/ND-CP dated October 15th, 2009; Decree No. 64/2012/ND-CP dated September 4th, 2012; the regulations on design assessment prescribed in Decree No. 15/2013/ND-CP dated February 6th, 2013; Decree No. 71/2005/ND-CP dated June 6th, 2005; the regulations of Section 1 Chapter II of Decree No. 37/2010/ND-CP dated April 7th, 2010; Decision No. 87/2004/QD-TTg dated May 19th, 2004; Decision No. 03/2012/QD-TTg dated January 16th, 2012; Decision No. 39/2005/QD-TTg dated February 28th, 2005. All earlier regulations of the Government, Ministries, ministerial-level agencies and local authorities which are contrary to this Decree shall be annulled.